A press release from Amtrak; March 19, 2020:
March 19, 2020
2:45 p.m. ET
While Amtrak continues to operate across the nation, we have adjusted some services due to significantly reduced demand in key markets. The most up-to-date schedules are available when booking your trip on Amtrak.com and in the mobile app.
Service modifications are as follows:
Operating on a reduced schedule:
- Northeast Corridor: Operating approximately 40% of typical weekday schedules, including Northeast Regional and Acela service.
- Adirondack (New York – Montreal): No service north of Albany
- Amtrak Cascades (Eugene – Vancouver, B.C.): No service north of Seattle
- Amtrak Hartford Line (New Haven, Conn. – Springfield, Mass.)
- Amtrak Thruway Bus routes
- Capitol Corridor (San Jose – Sacramento) as of Saturday, March 21
- Downeaster (Boston – Brunswick, Maine)
- Empire Service (New York – Niagara Falls)
- Ethan Allen Express (New York – Rutland, Vermont)
- Hiawatha (Chicago – Milwaukee)
- Illini/Saluki (Chicago – Carbondale) as of Saturday, March 21
- Illinois Zephyr/Carl Sandburg Chicago – Quincy) as of Saturday, March 21
- Lincoln Service (Chicago – St. Louis) as of Saturday, March 21
- Maple Leaf (New York – Toronto): No service west of Niagara Falls, NY
- Valley Flyer (New Haven, Conn. – Greenfield, Mass.)
- Wolverine (Chicago – Pontiac)
- Keystone Service (Harrisburg – New York)
- Pennsylvanian trains (New York – Pittsburgh)
- Pere Marquette (Chicago – Grand Rapids)
- Winter Park Express (Denver – Winter Park Resort)
Other services may also be impacted as circumstances change. Café service will also be suspended on select trains.
Other services may also be impacted as circumstances change and Café service will be suspended on some trains operating between Washington, DC and New York City.
Customers with reservations on trains that are being modified will be contacted and typically be accommodated on trains with similar departure times or another day.
Amtrak is waiving change fees on all existing or new reservations made before April 30, 2020. Simply log in to your account or go to Modify Trip on Amtrak.com, or find your reservation from your account on the home screen in the Amtrak app. A fare difference may apply to your new itinerary. If you want to cancel your reservation with no fee, you must call 800-USA-RAIL and speak with an agent (not available via Amtrak.com or the app).